Chicken korma is possibly a top five favourite at Indian takeaways. Want to learn how to master this amazing recipe at home? Here is your chance. You’ll need chicken breasts, onions, vegetable oil, yoghurt, double cream, vegetable oil, korma curry paste (which you can also make from scratch) and brown sugar. Enjoy!
- 750g (1 1/2 lbs) chicken breast, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) korma curry paste
- 125ml (1/2 cup) double cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- salt, season to taste
- Sear the chicken in the oil on a high heat in batches. Set aside.
- Lower the heat and gently fry the onion until softened. Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Spoon in the paste and fry for 3 minutes to release the aromas and flavours of the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken and its juices back in the sauce then add the yogurt.
- Simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes then add the cream and sugar.
- Let it bubble for another 5 minutes then serve immediately.
- The chicken can be substituted with meat of your preference, such as lamb, beef and pork.
- Check out the recipe for using prawns.
- Serve with plain or pilau rice, naan and raita.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Protein: 40.7 g
- Cholesterol: 163 mg