Chicken Pasanda is rich, creamy and utterly delicious! It doesn’t require much effort to make this divine curry that’s packed full of flavour.
- 30g (6 tbsp) flaked almonds
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 120g (1 cup) ground almonds
- 45ml (3 tbsp) brown sugar
- 750ml (3 cups) curry base sauce
- 30 sultanas
- 1kg (2lbs) chicken thighs, deboned, skinless and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 150g (¾ cup) creamed coconut, cut into thin slices
- 125ml (½ cup) single cream
- 7.5ml (½ tbsp) garam masala
- Place the almond flakes in a large saucepan and toast gently over a medium heat. Transfer the nuts to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the same saucepan.
- When it starts to sizzle, add the ground almonds and sugar.
- Pour in the curry base sauce and sultanas. Let it reach a slow simmering point and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the creamed coconut and stir until it’s melted into the sauce.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Pour in the single cream and add the garam masala.
- Season to taste, sprinkle with the flaked almonds and serve immediately with your favourite Indian accompaniments, such as naan and paratha. Enjoy!
- Instead of plain chicken breast, you can use cooked Chicken Tikka pieces. Proceed with the recipe but add the chicken after the creamed coconut has cooked for 15 minutes.
- Category: Curry
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken pasanda, pasanda curry recipe, Indian pasanda recipe, creamy almond chicken curry with sultanas