- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g (1lb) arborio rice
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 1.25ℓ (5 cups) vegetable stock
- Gently fry the onion in the butter and oil until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir until covered in oil in a large pot.
- Pour in the wine and let the rice simmer.
- Once the liquid has been soaked up, add a ladleful of stock to the pot. Only add more stock once the rice absorbed most of the liquid.
- Repeat this process until the stock is finished and the rice is cooked.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top to finish off the dish.
- Serve as a side dish to a main meal.
- To make this recipe completely vegan, omit the butter and use a bit more oil. Don’t use Parmesan.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 186 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg