Don’t know what to do with rhubarb? This chicken with rhubarb sauce is an amazing savoury recipe.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 rhubarb stalks, washed and chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Keep the cooked breasts warm while preparing the sauce.
- Add the rhubarb and vinegar to the same pan.
- Stir regularly over a medium heat and continue to cook for 2 minutes, then add the honey and 125ml (½ cup) of water.
- Gently simmer for 5 minutes, or until the rhubarb has “melted” and turned into a sauce.
- Season to taste. Add a bit more honey if you’d like the sauce to be sweeter.
- Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 2.5cm (1in) slices.
- Serve the chicken with your favourite vegetables – in this case roast baby potatoes and broccoli – along with the rhubarb sauce. Enjoy!
- Oil is added to the butter because the latter has a habit of burning at high heat. The oil prevents it from doing so.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: British