- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, washed and chopped
- 1 green pepper, washed and chopped
- 330ml (1 can) sugar free Fanta
- 30ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 5ml (1 tsp) white vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200g (7oz) pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- Brown the chicken with the oil on a high heat in a large frying pan. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, red and green peppers to the pan and stir fry for 3 minutes until the vegetables have slightly softened.
- Place the chicken back in with the vegetables, then pour in the Fanta, tomato puree and vinegar.
- Crumble in the stock cube and stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Lower the heat and let the chicken dish simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh pineapple and serve immediately with rice or noodles. Enjoy!
- If you’re on a diet, you can use a low-calorie cooking spray such as Fry Light, instead of the vegetable oil to save on calories.
- If you’re not calorie counting and would your sauce to be a tad thicker, you can create a corn flour slurry and thicken the sauce with it. 5ml (1 tsp) corn flour and 5ml (1 tsp) water would do.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: fanta chicken recipe, slimming world Fanta chicken, syn free chicken recipe