Learn how to make roast Parmesan parsnips in a few easy steps. This parsnip recipe is a perfect vegetable side dish for a meat course.
- 60ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1kg (2lbs) parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 50g (2oz) semolina
- 50g (2oz) Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/390°F/gas 6.
- Pour the oil into a roasting tin and place in the oven to heat up.
- Parboil the parsnips for 3 minutes in pan full of salted water.
- Drain and let all surfaces dry out.
- Mix the semolina and parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the parsnips in the cheese mixture until all their surfaces are covered with the mixture. You might need to them in batches to do a proper job.
- Add the parsnips the parsnips to the roasting tin and turn to coat in oil.
- Place the parsnips in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then turn the parsnips over and turn over.
- Continue to roast for another 15 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
- Serve as a side dish for a roast dinner.
- [Optional] Sprinkle the parsnips with grated parmesan cheese because you can never have enough cheese in your life!
- If you can’t get hold of semolina, you can your all-purpose flour which is finer in texture.
- Are you gluten free? Substitute the semolina with polenta!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: parmesan parsnips, roasted parsnips recipe, semolina parsnips, parmesan parsnip fries