Replicate this carrot and turnip mash recipe in just a few steps. Substitute with other root vegetables. Add herbs such as thyme & spices for extra flavour.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 turnips, peeled and sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Boil the carrots and turnips in plenty of salted water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the vegetables and let them steam dry for 5 minutes. If you don’t do this the vegetables will be water and you’ll end up with a soggy mash.
- Mash the vegetables and add the olive oil.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- If you can’t be bothered to mash the vegetables, you can blend them in a food processor which will end up more as a vegetable puree. When using this method, be careful about the amount of liquid you use because if you use too much it will end up as a soup!
- Olive oil is used in this recipe, but if you’re not vegan, feel free to make it as decadent as you like, e.g. use butter and/or double cream.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 122 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 1.5 g