- 40g (2 cups) fresh basil, washed
- 70g (½ cup) pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice [optional]
- 20g (⅓ cup) nutritional yeast
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- Pulse the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. You might have to scrape the sides off with a rubber spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and nutritional yeast to the mix and blend until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Keep the processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Scrape the sides if necessary.
- Enjoy with pasta, bread or fish – whatever your heart desires!
- Category: Sauces
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Italian