Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 1kg (2lbs) carrots
- 30ml (2 tbsp) oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Either scrub the carrots thoroughly or peel them.
- Top and tail the vegetables, then halve or quarter them lengthways.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the carrots and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander.
- Toss the carrots in a large roasting tin with the oil and season to taste.
- Roast the carrots for 30-40 mins.
- Serve immediately as a side dish.
- You can use olive, vegetable or sunflower oil.
- When tossing the carrots in oil you can add your favourite spices to them, such as cayenne, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, garlic, ginger, mustard, nutmeg or paprika. Give them a twist!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 12.3 g
- Sodium: 463 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8 g
- Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g