Learn how to make this melt-in-your-mouth Romesco Sauce. This easy recipe makes a creamy sauce that can transform any dish.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled
- 40g (¼ cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 60ml (4 tbsp) tomato paste
- 25g (⅛ cup) flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- 2g (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 2g (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the red pepper directly over a flame and turn them until they are black all over.
- Once blackened, remove from the heat and wait until it cools down to room temperature.
- Use your fingers or a knife to scrape the charred skin from the pepper. Set aside.
- Place the pepper along with the rest of the ingredients, except the olive oil, in a food processor and blend until as smooth as can be.
- While the food processor is running on a high speed, slowly drizzle the oil in a very thin stream. Carry on until you run out of oil.
- Season to taste and chill. Enjoy whenever!
- You can save time by buying bottled roasted red peppers.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: romesco sauce, spanish sauce, romesco sauce recipe, roasted red pepper sauce, red almond sauce, vegan spanish recipe