Try your hand at this amazing Aero Mint Cheesecake. It is made up of the humble Aero Mint Chocolate bar. Hence, you can also use other alternative flavours.
- 175g (9oz) dark chocolate digestive biscuits
- 75g (2½oz) butter, melted
- 400g (14oz) cream cheese
- 100g (2½oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 10ml (1 tsp) peppermint essence
- 5ml (1 tsp) green food colouring
- 300ml (10fl oz) double cream
- 150g (5oz) Mint Aero chocolate, crushed
- Extra Mint Aero balls and chocolate, for decorating
- Crush the biscuits in a sealable plastic bag with a rolling pin, until everything turns into crumbs.
- Mix the butter with the crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the base of a 23cm (9in) springform cake tin and level with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the cheese, sugar, peppermint and green food colouring in a bowl and beat until well combined.
- Pour the cream in another bowl and whisk until peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream into the cheese mixture, then add the crushed Aero Mint and incorporate.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight, to set.
- Once set, release the side of the cake tin and place on a serving plate.
- Decorate with Aero Mint balls and chopped chocolate wedges of chocolate. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 12.2g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 50mg