Learn how to make this chocolate orange cheesecake recipe in a few easy steps. Orange and chocolate works perfectly together in desserts.
- 300g (3 cups) chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g (⅔ cup) butter, melted
- 360g (2 cups) milk chocolate, chopped
- 340g (1½ cups) cream cheese
- 150g (1½ cups) icing sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) orange extract
- 300ml (1½ cups) double cream
- For the Biscuit Base: Crush the biscuits in a sealable plastic bag with a rolling pin until everything turns into crumbs.
- Mix the butter with the crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the base of a 23cm (9in) springform cake tin and level with the back of a spoon.
- Place the base in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- For the Cheesecake Filling: Melt the chocolate in a separate bowl. See Notes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream cheese, icing sugar and orange extract until combined.
- Systematically, whisk in the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Whip the double cream in another separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold the chocolate cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream, a quarter of the cream cheese mixture at a time.
- Transfer the filling to the tin and spread evenly over the biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- Decorate with grated orange zest and chocolate pieces. Enjoy!
- There are two ways you can melt the chocolate for the cheesecake filling. Firstly, you can do it in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Or, you can give it short zaps in the microwave until everything is melted, giving it a stir in between.
- You can add more orange extract if you prefer. Taste and tweak!
- If you can get hold of actual orange-flavoured chocolate, you can substitute the milk chocolate and orange extract with 400g (2 cups) chocolate orange.
Keywords: chocolate orange cheesecake, christmas cheesecake recipe, chocolate orange recipe, christmas dessert recipe