Have some turkey leftover from Thanksgiving or Christmas? Don’t let it go to waste and make these tasty Leftover Turkey Nachos.
- 200g (1 pack) corn tortilla chips
- 240g (2 cups) Monterey Jack cheese (or cheese of your choice), grated
- 10g (1 tbsp) rice flour
- 500g (3½ cups) cooked leftover turkey, shredded or chopped
- 14g (1 tbsp) butter
- 250ml (1 cup) BBQ sauce
- 60ml (¼ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 60ml (¼ cup) water
- 12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 60ml (4 tbsp) sour cream
- handful of cilantro (coriander)
- 50g (½ cup) sliced green jalapenos
- Cheesy Nachos: Preheat the oven to 170°C / fan 150°C / 325°F / gas mark 3.
- In a large baking dish, pour half of the tortilla chips and arrange in an even layer. Sprinkle over 120g (1 cup) cheese.
- Add the remainder of the tortilla chips and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and slightly browned. Prepare the BBQ Turkey in the meantime.
- BBQ Turkey: Coat the shredded/chopped leftover turkey in the flour.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the turkey and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Pour over the BBQ sauce and stir to get everything evenly coated.
- Pour in the vinegar and water into the mix and stir until fully combined.
- Reduce the heat to a medium low and simmer until the sauce has thickened, stirring frequently to prevent the sugar from the sauce from crystallizing. Remove from heat.
- Serving the Nachos: Remove the nachos from the oven. Spoon the BBQ Turkey over the cheesy tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Add a few dollops of sour cream.
- Tear over the cilantro (coriander), sprinkling it lightly.
- Scatter the jalapeno slices over the nachos.
- Serve with Guacamole and Pico de Gallo (tomato salsa). Enjoy!
- For best results, use a good quality BBQ sauce.
- Leftover meats such as beef, lamb, pork, and chicken will also work brilliantly with this leftover recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: turkey nachos recipe, easy turkey nachos, leftover turkey recipe, leftover turkey nachos, mexican turkey recipe, what to serve with turkey nachos, thanksgiving leftover recipe, christmas leftover recipe