Are you wondering what to do with leftover Brussels sprouts? Make this Brussels sprout soup recipe! Ideal for using up Sunday roast and Christmas leftovers!
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 250g (8oz) potato, peeled and sliced
- 1l (2pts) vegetable stock
- 500g (1lb) cooked brussels sprouts
- 75ml (5 tbsp) double cream [optional]
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in the oil until translucent and softened.
- Add the potato with 500ml (1pt) of stock and simmer until cooked.
- Add the brussels sprouts to the pot and pour in the remaining stock.
- When the ingredients have heated through, blend until smooth.
- Serve with double cream if desired, and your favourite bread.
Garnish the soup with any of the following: slivered almonds, chives, leftover gammon, bacon bits or blue cheese. If cooked potato is used you can skip the boiling step and simply heat all leftover ingredients through before blending.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: British
- Serving Size: 508g
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 142 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: brussel sprout soup, brussel sprout recipes, Christmas leftover recipe, what to do with leftover brussel sprouts