If you are looking for a healthier dessert or breakfast alternative, then these dairy free waffles are for you. Pair with fresh fruit, jam, or an ice cream.
- 250g (8oz) flour, sifted
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 350ml (12fl oz) almond milk
- 80ml (2½fl oz) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- Preheat waffle maker to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and oil together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl and continue to beat until the batter is smooth.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle maker. The waffle take around 5 minutes to cook but should be golden and crisp.
- Repeat the process until all the batter is used up.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings.
- You can use coconut milk and coconut oil instead of almond milk and vegetable oil.
- In this recipe I topped the waffles with dairy free ice cream, cherry preserve and fresh cherries.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 649
- Sugar: 9.4 g
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Fat: 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 23.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.2 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
- Cholesterol: 82 mg