Treat your taste buds to the sweet-tart goodness of Gooseberry Cobbler. It's a warm, comforting dessert that's simply irresistible!
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) gooseberries
- 15 grams (0.5 oz) fresh ginger root, grated
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 150 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) sugar
- 75 grams (5 tablespoons) butter, cold and cubed
- 1 large egg
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gooseberries, grated ginger root, and sugar. Mix gently until the gooseberries are well coated. Allow the mixture to simmer gently for 10 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Add the cold butter cubes and use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Pour the gooseberry filling into a baking dish and spread it out evenly. Drop spoonfuls of the cobbler topping over the filling, covering it as evenly as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gooseberry cobbler, gooseberry cobbler recipe, gooseberry dessert, gooseberry recipe, old fashioned gooseberry cobbler, gooseberry cobbler variations, gooseberry cobbler substitutions