- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sherry
- 5ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 300g (10 oz) rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 300g (10 oz) broccoli florets
- 25g (1 oz) roasted cashew nuts, or more if you like
- Mix the soy sauce, sherry, sugar and 30ml (2 tbsp) water in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the onion and beef, then stir-fry quickly until the beef is lightly browned. Tip out onto a plate.
- Add the broccoli and cashews to the pan, stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the soy mixture. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the broccoli is just tender.
- Tip the beef and onions back into the pan and heat through briefly before serving with noodles or rice.
- Sometimes I fry the onions in a bit of oil first, caramelize them, set them aside and cook the rest as instructed, only to add the onions back to the dish at the very end.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 549
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 2.98 mg
- Fat: 34 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 41 g