Rainbow Quinoa Salad is a versatile recipe that can be substituted with almost any kind of vegetable and nut. Environment-friendly and reduces waste too.
- 750ml (3 cups) cooked quinoa
- 1 can (400ml) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 120g (4oz) spinach leaves, washed
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 10 spring onions, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 60g (2oz) coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 60ml (4 tbsp) pumpkin seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well until everything is distributed evenly. Serve with your favourite salad dressing.
- You need 250ml (1 cup) of uncooked quinoa to produce 750ml (3 cups) cooked quinoa. Simply simmer in salted water for around 15 minutes or until cooked, then drain.
- You can buy roasted red peppers in jars at the preserves section with sundried tomatoes.
- Some avocado and/or blue cheese work well with this salad too!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 605
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 164 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 101 g
- Fiber: 13.9 g
- Protein: 24.4 g