This Celeriac Puree comprises roasted celeriac blended with milk and cream, forming a creamy side dish to complement any keto main course recipe.
- 1kg (2lbs) celeriac
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 14g (1 tbsp) butter
- 45ml (3 tbsp) milk
- 100ml (⅖ cup) double cream
- 2g (1 tsp) onion powder [optional]
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan 180°C / 400°F / gas mark 6.
- Peel the celeriac, then cut into about 3cm (1½in) cubes.
- Arrange the celeriac cubes in a single layer on top of a baking sheet and brush with oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then stir and bake for another 10 minutes. The cubes should be browned and fork tender. In case the celeriac isn’t cooked, roast it a few more minutes in the oven until a fork enters with ease.
- Tip the cooked celeriac cubes into a food processor, along with the butter, milk, double cream and onion powder. Process until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve as a side dish. Enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of milk and cream used to suit your preference.
- You can use a food processor or a high speed blender to puree the vegetable.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: celeriac puree, celeriac mash, roasted celeriac, mashed celeriac, celeriac recipe, how to cook celeriac