A vegan cauliflower mash is a fabulous substitute to those heavy traditional mashes. You’ll need cauliflower, almond milk, roasted garlic and seasoning.
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped [optional]
- 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 60ml (4 tbsp) almond milk
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- [Optional] Gently fry the garlic in the olive oil until browned and tender. Set aside.
- Boil the cauliflower in salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Return the cauliflower to the pot and mash, along with the garlic and splashes of milk until a mash forms.
- Serve as you would do with plain potato mash.
- If you have roasted garlic at hand, you can add it to the cauliflower.
- Using a food processor will result in a puree, like in the photos. For a rougher texture, mash the cauliflower by hand.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1.2 g