These Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes have a luxurious crab filling and are super simple and quick to prepare. Perfect for cocktail parties!
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, mayonnaise, chili and chives. Mix well. Season to taste, then cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a very thin slice from the stem end of each tomato. Carefully scoop out the pulp and seeds with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle the insides of the tomato shells lightly with salt. Invert them on kitchen paper and let them drain for 15 minutes.
- Using a small spoon or your fingers, stuff the tomatoes with the crab, mounding the filling slightly on top. Serve cold.
- Tomatoes have a tendency to roll over thanks to their rounded bottoms. To tackle this issue, thinly slice the base of the tomato, to form a flat surface so that the tomato is stabilised.
- Why not use different coloured cherry tomatoes for maximum visual impact?
- In this recipe, 4 cherry tomatoes serve as a canape portion per person.
- Category: Starter
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: stuffed cherry tomatoes, crab filling, crab stuffed tomatoes, cherry tomato recipe, crab recipe