This carrot and swede mash is low on calories and is the perfect vegetable side dish. It makes the best side to heavier meat dishes. Low glycaemic index.
- 450g (1lb) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 450g (1lb) swede, peeled and chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) ground pepper
- Boil the vegetables in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let the vegetables steam dry for 5 minutes before mashing with the olive oil until desired consistency.
- Stir in the nutmeg and pepper. Serve immediately.
- If you’re not vegan, feel free to use butter and/or cream instead of olive oil.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 2.3 g