Lamb Leg Steak with caramelised shallots and sticky red wine sauce is the perfect romantic meal to serve for your loved one on Valentine’s Day.
- Simmer the shallots in a pan of water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Season the steaks with a little salt and plenty of crushed peppercorns.
- Heat half the butter in a pan until sizzling, then cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side for medium or until done to your liking.
- Remove the steaks and keep warm. While they rest, add the remaining butter to the pan, throw in the shallots, then sizzle in the sticky pan until starting to brown.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and bubble for a few minutes.
- Add the wine and boil down until sticky, then add the beef stock and simmer until everything comes together.
- If you like a bit of sweetness to your sauce, add the jelly and make sure it dissolves completely.
- Spoon the shallots and sauce over the steaks and serve immediately.
Serve with green beans and chips. Potato mash, broccoli and cauliflower cheese work as well!
- Category: Main
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: lamb leg steak, pan fried lamb leg steak, lamb steak recipe, how to cook lamb steak, Valentine's Day recipe