Mirepoix is used in many French recipes, made using oil onion, celery and carrot this is a quick recipe only taking 30 minutes to prep and cook. Click here for the recipe!
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 500g (17.5oz) chopped onions
- 300g (10.5oz) chopped celery
- 300g (10.5oz) chopped carrots
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place the onions, carrots and celery in the pan and cook for 10 minutes, giving them a stir every now and then.
- When the vegetables have softened, remove from heat, let it cool before storing it in freezer bags in even quantities, and use as needed.
- Alternatively, immediately use it for different applications such as making a stock or a soup!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: mirepoix recipe, french recipe, french sauce, mirepoix uses, mirepoix uses, mirepoix stock, mirepoix soup, mirepoix ratio