Smoked Haddock Remoulade is a starter recipe comprising cooked smoked haddock mixed with mayonnaise, dill, lemon and capers.
- 450g (1lb) undyed, naturally smoked, boneless, skinless haddock fillets
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 150g (5oz) mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chopped dill
- 60g (2oz) spring onions –finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 30g (1oz) lilliput capers, drained
- ½ cucumber, washed and thinly sliced
- 30g (1oz) watercress, leaves picked and washed
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- Poach the haddock in the milk by bringing it to the boil. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until cooked, then remove the fish from the pan. Set aside and wait for it to cool.
- Remove all the bones and skin, if needed, then flake the fish into little pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, spring onions and seasoning to form the sauce.
- Add the fish and stir in gently, careful not to make the mixture mushy. Refrigerate until required.
- Divide the remoulade equally between the toast.
- Sprinkle over the capers then arrange the cucumber and watercress leaves on each plate.
- Serve with a glass of chilled chardonnay.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 865 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 23.3 g
- Cholesterol: 150 mg
Keywords: smoked haddock recipe, smoked haddock starter