A herby butter bean mash with rosemary. Make this simple and vegan butter bean mash recipe in just a matter of minutes. It is inexpensive and nutritious.
- 30ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 500g (1lb) cooked butter beans
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Gently fry the onion, garlic and rosemary in the oil until the onions are soft and cooked through.
- Add the butter beans to the pan, stir and heat through.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and stir in the zest.
- Mash the beans manually. Alternatively, pour half the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth, stirring in the remaining butterbean mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- Treat butter bean mash the same as you would potato mash. It’s just healthier!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.4 g
- Fiber: 7.9 g
- Protein: 9.4 g