Indulge in this flavorful Blue Cheese Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Walnuts. It's a harmonious blend of rich, earthy, and nutty flavors in every bite!
- 45g (6 tbsp) walnuts
- 600g (21oz) spaghetti
- 28g (2 tbsp) butter
- 250g (2½ cups) mushrooms, sliced
- 250g (8 cups) spinach, washed
- 375ml (1½ cups) double / heavy cream
- 150g (5oz) Gorgonzola cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toast the pine nuts by adding them to a hot, dry frying pan and stir continuously until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the mushrooms until browned, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Tip in the spinach and stir around for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Pour in the cream and let it heat through for 2 minutes.
- Break the cheese up in pieces and stir it into the sauce, making sure it melts completely.
- Tip the cooked pasta into the pan and mix until the pasta is completely covered in sauce.
- Season to taste. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and serve immediately with your favourite crusty bread. Enjoy!
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer - penne, tortellini, tagliatelle, fettuccini - you name it!
- Feel free to experiment with other types of blue cheese to make the sauce, be it stilton, roquefort, or cambozola.
- If you don’t like walnuts or can’t get hold of them, pine nuts make an excellent alternative. Don’t forget to toast them before cooking starts!
- Want to make the meal even more substantial? Serve it with a grilled chicken breast or steak!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: blue cheese pasta, blue cheese sauce, blue cheese sauce for pasta, pasta with blue cheese and walnuts, blue cheese pasta recipe, stilton pasta, gorgonzola pasta sauce, roquefort pasta, blue cheese spaghetti, chicken gorgonzola pasta, steak gorgonzola pasta