Click here to make the most beautiful and elegant lamb dish you’ve ever made. These lamb noisettes are tender, stunning and easy to make.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 8 lamb noisettes
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 150ml (5fl oz) white wine
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 300ml (10fl oz) lamb or vegetable stock
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 150ml (5fl oz) double cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C / fan 180°C / 390°F / gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the lamb noisettes over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the meat in a roasting tin and cook for 10 minutes, which will yield medium doneness. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, using the same frying pan with the oil, gently fry the shallots for 10 minutes until soft.
- Turn up the heat then pour in the wine and vinegar. Let it sizzle for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and rosemary and let it simmer for 8 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, stir and let it bubble for 3 minutes.
- Season the meat and sauce accordingly to taste and serve with seasonal vegetables.
- Lamb noisettes are available at butchers and may need to be ordered.
- The meat can be available already sliced or can come in one long chunk of meat, called lamb loin. Aim to have about 200g (7oz) of lamb per person.
- If you want the lamb to be fully cooked, give it an extra 5 minutes in the oven.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: lamb noisettes recipe, lamb loin recipe, rosemary sauce, lamb noisettes with with white wine sauce