Read about how to cook with fresh sardines in a true Sicilian fashion. You’ll learn how to prepare and clean fresh sardines with this Sicilian bbq recipe.
- 8 sardines, washed and gutted
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the barbecue for direct cooking.
- Rub the oil all over the sardines.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer on the barbecue and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked and charred.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste.
- This is a simple recipe that can be jazzed up in any way you like. Serve it plain as a starter with a squirt of lemon juice or serve as part of a salad as a main meal.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 161
- Sodium: 242mg
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 68mg