Fruits of the forest cheesecake is a perfect summer dessert. Find out how you can put your own twist on this cheesecake recipe.
- 300g (3 cups) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g (⅔ cup) butter, melted
- 750g (3⅓ cups) cream cheese
- 100g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 300ml (1¼ cup) double cream
- 1 x strawberry jelly sachet
- 500g (1lb) fresh berries, washed
- For the Biscuit Base: Crush the biscuits in a sealable plastic bag with a rolling pin, until everything turns into crumbs.
- Mix the butter with the crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into the base of a 23cm (9in) springform cake tin and level with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to set. An hour will do.
- For the Cheesecake Filling: Using a stand mixer, add cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk until the sugar has dissolved into the cream cheese, and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight, to set.
- For the Berry Topping: Prepare the jelly according to the packet instructions. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and slowly pour the jelly on top of the cheesecake until the surface is just covered.
- Decorate the top to your heart’s content with fresh berries.
- Place the cheesecake back in the fridge in order for the jelly to set, which would take around 3 hours.
- Once set, release the side of the cake tin and place it on a serving plate.
- Consume within 3 days. Enjoy!
- Jelly products come in all shapes and sizes. What you’re looking for is sachets containing powder or highly concentrated jelly packets that need dissolving with water. You can use any type of berry jelly. In this case, I used strawberry but you can use raspberry, cherry, etc. You can even make your own from scratch using fresh fruit and gelatine leaves!
- For best results, use an assortment of fresh berries. I used raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a large bowl and accomplish tasks with an electric whisk or by hand.
- You can use any leftover jelly for other sweet purposes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruits of the forest cheesecake, mixed berry cheesecake recipe, vanilla cheesecake with berries