Indulge in the chocolate heaven of a kinder bueno milkshake! This recipe will rock your world and (milk)shake your senses, with a delicious blend of vanilla ice cream, kinder bueno chocolate, whipped cream, cocoa powder and milk.
Simple ingredients, simple recipe, yet the results are downright spectacular. So... feeling a little indulgent are we? Let's get making and shaking!
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's pure chocolate heaven in a glass
- It takes barely a minute to whip up
- Kids can help make it... so much fun!
- It's adaptable... feel free to add your own delicious twist.
- It can scaled up for a big batch... perfect for a pre-BBQ treat!
Equipment you'll need to make this recipe
Here's a list of key kitchen items you'll need before making this recipe:
How to make kinder bueno milkshakes
Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender.
Blitz until smooth. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Variations to this recipe
- Make it an oreo kinder bueno milkshake by using 3 bueno bars with 4 oreo biscuits.
- You can also add any of your favourite chocolate bars into the mix. Use 3 kinder buenos and 3 alternative chocolates for a delicious milkshake blend.
- Want to notch up the indulgence factor? Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce on top of your milkshake. You could even add sprinkles or marshmallows.
- Up the decadence even further with a spoonful or two of Nutella for each portion!
- Add a few ice cubes into the mix if you want a cooler, more refreshing milkshake.
- Want to make a boozy milkshake? Add a shot of Amarula – a delicious South African chocolate liqueur, for a bit of grown up indulgence.
- Make this a vegan kinder bueno milkshake by using vegan vanilla ice cream or any kind of dairy free ice cream, together with almond milk or soy milk, and vegan chocolate wafer bars
If enjoying this milkshake in the summer, freeze your glass for around 30 minutes to make your milkshake extra cool.
What's the best ice cream for a kinder bueno milkshake?
Use vanilla ice cream for this kinder bueno milkshake recipe. Alternatively, you can use chocolate ice cream. However, I think the blend of vanilla ice cream and chocolate kinder bueno, plus the addition of cocoa powder, makes for a perfect balance of flavours.
What kind of milk should I use?
Use any kind you like. If you're feeling particularly indulgent, go for full fat milk. Skimmed or semi-skimmed is fine though, as the whipped cream has got you covered when it comes to creaminess.
What does kinder bueno taste like?
Kinder bueno is a crispy creamy chocolate bar that's popular all over the world. The outer layer of a bueno is smooth milk chocolate with a dark chocolate drizzle, covering a thin crispy wafer. In the centre is a delicious creamy hazelnut filling.
While kinder bueno are undoubtedly scoffable in their original form, blend them up into a milkshake and you've got something that's next-level delicious.
How do you store leftovers?
This milkshake is definitely best slurped straight away. However, if you want to make a big batch to enjoy over several milkshake sessions, go ahead.
Store it in an airtight container and pop it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for a couple of days. Keep in mind that the ice cream in the milkshake will melt, so you won't have the same silky smooth consistency.
Can you freeze a kinder bueno milkshake?
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. Make as much as you can slurp in the moment or just enough that you can finish within a few days.
Can this recipe be scaled?
Absolutely! Make double if you're whipping up milkshakes for a big group.
More smoothie and milkshake recipes
Can't get enough of milkshake making? Well, we've got just the recipes for you:
- Biscoff milkshake – another deliciously indulgent milkshake, this time with a peanut butter twist
- Strawberry blackberry banana smoothie – a fabulously fruity and incredibly refreshing summer smoothie, this one is sure to put a spring in your step
- Don Pedro drink – this boozy South African sensation is an irresistible cocktail that is one for the grown ups!
- Pineapple and avocado smoothie – a super green smoothie that will make you feel invigorated!