Once you make these vegan sweet potato pancakes, you’ll never go back to the traditional pancakes. This recipe can be turned into a savoury dish too. Enjoy!
- 500ml (2 cups) almond milk
- 125ml (½ cup) cooked sweet potato mash
- 375ml (1½ cup) flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) vanilla essence
- Place all the ingredients in Zyliss Smooth Blend Mixer and Dispenser and continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a frying pan and wipe with (vegetable) oiled kitchen paper.
- Pour one portion of pancake batter in the pan and swirl it around the pan to form an even layer.
- After about 30 seconds, flip the pancake around.
- Give the other side another 30 seconds to cook before lifting it out of the pan and setting it aside.
- Continue the process until all the batter is used up.
- Serve warm with your favourite sweet or savoury toppings or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- You can make standard crepes with this recipe or play with sizes and make a small American-style pancake stack.
- You can substitute almond milk with coconut milk.
- In this recipe I served the pancake with cinnamon sugar, fresh orange slices, pecans, syrup and vegan ice cream.
- Any type of sweet potato will work in this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 373
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 18.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 6.4 g