Lamb Sloppy Joes is an American recipe loved by all. The ground lamb puts a new twist on this classic comfort food and it’s still served in a bun as usual.
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1kg (2.2lbs) lamb mince
- 2 x 400g (14.5oz) tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 x lamb stock pots / cubes
- 3g (1 tbsp) dried mixed herbs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 12g (1 tbsp) brown sugar [optional]
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Gently fry the onions and garlic until softened and translucent, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Fry until golden brown and drain the excess fat if there is any.
- Add the herbs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and brown sugar to the meat and give it a good stir.
- Lower the heat until a consistent simmering point is reached and cook for about 20 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Serve in burger buns with salad and chips. Enjoy!
- Feel free to experiment with different meat. Beef will definitely work!
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lamb sloppy joes, sloppy Joe recipe, ground lamb recipe, how to make sloppy joes, what to serve with sloppy joes