In the latest series of The F Word, Gordon Ramsay tackled one of the most common complaints about cooking these days: no time. Throughout the programme he helped clueless people to put a meal together in a jiffy and proved to the world that cooking doesn’t need to take long and can be very enjoyable indeed. This recipe comes from his latest book Fast Food. I find this superb recipe most satisfying and it certainly beats any ready-made meal you can find at your supermarket.
P.S. This dish joins Presto Pasta Nights.
Pancetta, Leek & Mushroom Pasta
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Purchase some dried fettuccini, or make your own, and make a wonderful leek and pancetta pasta. This leek and pancetta recipe works with any pasta. Garnish with parsley.
- 300g (10½ oz) dried fettucini
- salt and black pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 150g (5 oz) pancetta, sliced
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 250g (9 oz) mushrooms, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 60ml (4 tbsp) crème fraîche
- flat leaf parsley, for garnishing
- Add the fettucini to a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the pancetta. Fry for a few minutes until golden brown, then add the leeks, mushrooms and a little salt and pepper. Stir over a high heat for 6-8 minutes until the leeks are tender.
- Drain the pasta and immediately toss with the leeks, pancetta and mushrooms, and the crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scatter over the chopped parsley to serve.
- Fresh pasta can be used. Just remember its cooking time will be considerably less than the dried version.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 529
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 936 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.9 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 25.1 g
- Cholesterol: 97 mg
Lovely pasta dish! It looks absolutely delicious. Perfect for a busy weeknight!
I only work with leek like twice a year,
This recipe looks so delicious,
I should definitely give it a try, also get a chance to learn more ways of using leek,
Thanks for sharing!
I like Gordon. That doesn't mean that I would go on his shows. I would be way too scared.
He really know his stuff.
This appeals to me because of the delicious pancetta, and also the leeks. I never use leeks! I need to.
It is lovely and now that I'm newly addicted to leeks, perfect for dinner tonight!
Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.
yum. double yum.
pancetta and leeks are a match made in heaven.
Hi there, I found your dish via PPN. I must say what an coincidence that I have just posted a similar dish on my blog before I read yours...It must be quite a popular winter dish! 🙂
Robyn made this this week. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Your website is now bookmarked!!
I just used leeks for the first time recently and this is a recipe that I would love to try. Love your site!
Now that I have got to try! Thanks 🙂
Renil M. George
Another beautiful pasta!
mmmmm did you say pancetta? 🙂