If you have a busy lifestyle, like to shop in bulk and love food, this easy chicken recipe is for you.
We bought tonnes and tonnes of chicken drumsticks and wrapped them up in portion sizes before placing them in the freezer. Every week we have a drumstick meal and after getting bored with the plain roasted version I remembered making this recipe months ago. It took me no more than five minutes extra to make this sauce instead of just cooking the chicken plain. My taste buds can assure you that it was worth every second.
Raspberry Chicken Drumsticks
- Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 375ml (1½ cups) seedless raspberry jam
- 80ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5ml (1½ tbsp) crushed red pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/fan 120°C/285°F/gas mark 1.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper over medium heat. Stir until smooth.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and arrange in the dish in a single layer. Pour the sauce over the chicken making sure everything is thoroughly coated then cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and increase the temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Turn the chicken pieces over and coat with the sauce in the baking dish.
- Return the chicken to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes, turning several times, until the chicken is tender and nicely glazed.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serve with potato fries and your favourite greens.
Drumsticks were used in this recipe to ensure even cooking. You are welcome to use chicken wings, thighs or breasts instead. Take note that you will need a longer cooking time if the pieces are bigger – bake for longer at 140°C/fan 120°C/285°F/gas mark 1 but keep the browning/glazing stage at 20 minutes at 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- For extra flavour you can marinate the chicken in the sauce overnight before simply pouring everything into a large baking dish and cook them according to the recipe’s instructions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 742 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
- Protein: 22.6 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
Nice recipe Michelle... I must try it! 🙂
This looks fantastic! Don't know how you manage to do it, but you always make your chicken look mouthwatering.
Oh and welcome back. 🙂
Thanks, Margot. You certainly should! How are you feeling these days? Almost there!
Thanks, Marisa. Little hint - soy sauce helps a lot. 🙂
With food like this of course people will miss you!!! Love the stunning colors!!!
Welcome back, looks delish!
Thanks Nina & Kavey. It feels good to be missed!
valerie from familyblog
very nice receipe
Ok! I am making this dish tonight and am super excited to try it 🙂
Such a beautiful, tasty and simple recipe! And on top of that so original! Thank you for sharing. I have cooked it a few times now. Last time for a pink-themed babyshower I hosted. And the reponses were so positive I just had to post the recipe on my own blog. http://afracooking.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/chicken-with-raspberries/
This recipe sounds great and am in the process of making it, but I wanted to let you know your conversions are not correct..7.5 ml is 1.5 teaspoons, not tablespoons. I don't mind my food's spicy but just to let everyone else know who uses the non ml measurements
Thanks for pointing out the typo, Adi. Hope you enjoyed the chicken though?
Renil M. George
One of the most delicious chicken that you have posted till now.
Haha, thanks Renil 🙂
I love this idea… chicken legs and thighs are ALWAYS on sale and I’m always looking for recipes that help with the weekly budget! We’re entertaining for a football party this weekend so I’m going to make these… winning… both reasonably priced and full, of yummy flavors! 🍗 🍗 🍗