Dying to make the perfect smoked chicken thighs? Learn how to smoke chicken thighs in just a few simple steps. Enjoy with your favourite barbecue side dishes!
- 8 brined chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Apple or cherry wood chips
- For a very basic brining method, check out my How To Brine Chicken article.
- Preheat the Char-Broil Big Easy Smoker on the High setting and fill the smoking box with wood chips.
- Wait for 10 minutes until the chips begin to smoke, then change the heat setting to Low.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on the top and bottom shelf of the wire basket and place in smoker.
- Close lid and cook until the chicken’s internal temperature is 75°C (165°F). This takes about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and wrap the chicken in foil, letting it rest for about 20 minutes before eating.
- To cook the chicken evenly, halfway through the cooking time you can place the bottom pieces in the top shelf and vice versa.
- I preferred using the low setting because cooking meat can sometimes lead to rubbery/tough textures.
- The cooking might differ from the above because it depends on the size of the chicken and heat setting you use. For best results, use a meat thermometer!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 g
- Protein: 19.1 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg