This soup is definitely different from the rest. A rich, silky, green taste rolls over your tongue and slips into your stomach, satisfying it instantly. The star ingredient is the avocado. This fantastic idea comes from Mexico where avocados come aplenty and are used from starters to desserts, even drinks! Also, usually soups containing avocado are served cold, but this one is hot because here at Greedy Gourmet we like to be different. 😉
Courgette and Avocado Pear Soup
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 20 minutes
Author: Michelle Minnaar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock or more
- 2 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 1 medium avocado, stones, peeled and chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) red pepper, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil a large saucepan over a medium hear. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes; stir in the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute more.
- Add the vegetable stock, courgettes and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the courgettes are very soft. Cool slightly, then stir in the avocado.
- Tip the contents into a blender whiz to a smooth purée. Alternatively, use a hand blender.
- Garnish with red pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- If you like your soup of a thinner consistency, add more stock.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13.6g
Saturated Fat 2.9g
Total Carbohydrates 9.2g
Dietary Fiber 4.5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.