This Mocha Cheesecake is an easy no bake recipe using instant coffee, mixed with decadent chocolate.
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 25g cocoa powder
Mocha Cheesecake filling
- 750g cream cheese
- 5ml vanilla paste
- 150g icing sugar
- 6g instant coffee powder
- 200g milk chocolate
- 415ml double cream
- 125ml double (heavy ) double cream
- 2g instant coffee powder
- 15g icing sugar
- For the Biscuit Base: Place the digestive biscuits in your food processor, blitz them into a crumb, and add the cocoa powder. While the food processor is still running, add the melted butter and allow it to combine, which should only take about 15 seconds, then turn off.
- Prepare your 23cm (9 inch) springform pan by putting a layer of greaseproof paper over the base and then clasping the springform ring around the outside, as I find this easier when removing the cheesecake at the end.
- Pour your crumb into the pan and flatten evenly - I use the bottom of a large glass — place in the fridge for around 10 minutes to chill.
- Mocha cheesecake filling: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and vanilla paste - I use a KitchenAid stand mixer on level 2 or 3 as I find this so much easier, until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar and instant coffee powder a bit at a time and continue to mix.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave on 10-second blasts, stirring between each blast. When completely melted, add to the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy (double) cream until you achieve soft peaks, and then fold the cream cheese mix and heavy (double) cream until the cream is fully incorporated.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and cover the whole base with the cheesecake filling, then gently drop the tin onto the kitchen counter 5 to 10 times to let any bubbles out.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin. Tip: I use a kitchen blowtorch to loosen the sides. Alternatively, I use a cloth dipped in hot water to complete the job.
- To Decorate: Place the heavy (double) cream, instant coffee powder, and the icing sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk until you achieve soft peaks.
- Fill a piping bag with this mixture and decorate as you see fit. Enjoy!
- If you like a bit more decadent taste, you are welcome to use a 50:50 ratio of milk and dark chocolate, respectively - i.e., ½ cup (100g) of each. You can even substitute milk chocolate for dark chocolate, but you might lose the coffee flavor.
- If you have vanilla extract, by all means, exchange it, I just prefer the flavour of vanilla paste.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chilling Time: 6 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mocha cheesecake recipe, mocha dessert, mocha recipe, no bake mocha cheesecake