Roasted beetroot is a very nutritious, yet low-calorie ingredient of any beetroot recipe. Learn all the tricks how to prepare beetroot correctly. Enjoy!
- 6 beetroots
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC/gas mark 5.
- Scrub the beetroot thoroughly to remove any dirt, then top and tail them.
- Cut them in 1cm (½ in) slices and toss them in oil.
- Place them in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 25-30mins or until they are tender and a little bit charred on the edges.
- Season to taste and serve hot or cold.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 10.2 g
- Sodium: 98 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.1 g