This Avocado Soup is super healthy and completely vegan. It’s bulked out with zucchini and cooked in vegetable broth. Best served with crusty bread.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 1 medium avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped
- cilantro, for garnishing
- croutons, for topping
- Heat the oil a large saucepan over a medium hear. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes; stir in the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute more.
- Add the vegetable broth, zucchini and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the zucchini are very soft. Cool slightly, then stir in the avocado.
- Tip the contents into a blender whiz to a smooth purée. Alternatively, use a hand blender.
- Garnish with cilantro and croutons, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If you like your soup of a thinner consistency, add more broth.
- Alternatively, if you like a chunky soup. Chop the vegetables in bite-sized pieces and serve before the blending step.
- You can easily substitute the zucchini/courgettes with marrows, which is essentially the overgrown version of the former.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado soup, hot avocado soup recipe, vegan avocado soup, vegan soup recipe, healthy vegan recipe, how to make avocado soup