- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock or more
- 2 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 1 medium avocado, stones, peeled and chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) red pepper, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil a large saucepan over a medium hear. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes; stir in the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute more.
- Add the vegetable stock, courgettes and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the courgettes are very soft. Cool slightly, then stir in the avocado.
- Tip the contents into a blender whiz to a smooth purée. Alternatively, use a hand blender.
- Garnish with red pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- If you like your soup of a thinner consistency, add more stock.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 558 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g