For a delicious drink you’ll love around the holidays, test out Rumchata Eggnog.
Made with creamy rum chata and tasty eggnog, you’ll be craving this drink around Christmas the way you crave your coffee every morning. It’s that good.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
What isn’t there to love about this recipe? It’s creamy, flavorful, and sinfully simple to make. Plus, who doesn’t love rumchata?
Special Equipment Needed To Make This Recipe
- Shaker – The easiest way to mix your drink is with a shaker. They are easy to find in store or online, but if you are in a bind, you can use two glasses of the same size as a makeshift shaker. If you’re going to be making drinks often though, I recommend investing in a good shaker.
- Jigger – Using a jigger is the easiest way to measure your liquids. They’re easy to find and are fun to use. They really elevate your mixologist skills.
Special Ingredients You Need For This Recipe
- Eggnog – You may not be able to find eggnog in the store you’re around, but it should be available around the holidays. It might be available at major retailers year-round though.
- Rumchata – You should be able to find rumchata any time of the year. Head to your local liquor store to find this five times distilled caribbean rum. The rumchata bottle is hard to miss.
How To Make This Recipe
Step 1: Put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2: Shake vigorously until the ingredients are properly incorporated, around 30 seconds, and strain into a glass.
Step 3: Garnish with eggnog cream and nutmeg.
Popular Substitutions For This Recipe
If you are vegan, you can substitute eggnog for vegan eggnog. You can make your own recipe or buy some at the store, there are plant-based eggnogs available at major retailers.
If you’re vegan, you may also want to swap the rumchata. A vanilla or cinnamon liqueur will suffice.
Variations To This Recipe
You can switch this recipe up a bit by using a different type of alcohol. Instead of rumchata, feel free to use a different liquor altogether. Cinnamon whiskey like Fireball will work, as well vodka.
You can also switch up the garnish. Instead of just using nutmeg, garnish with cinnamon vanilla sugar or natural cinnamon for a delicious twist. Or even add some chocolate shavings. Lots goes well with rumchata.
You could serve this over ice if you’d like. It may affect the flavours, but if you don’t mind the taste and like your rumchata cold, try it that way.
The key to this recipe is making sure your measurements are correct. Cocktails are all about ratios, so make sure you are properly utilising your jigger to pour correct measurements.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
If you make this recipe according to the instructions, you won’t have much leftover as you’ll be making single servings. You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container if you wish, though.
How Long Will This Last In the Fridge?
Eggnog lasts in the fridge up to five days after opening it. Rumchata does not need to be stored in the fridge.
What is Rumchata?
Rumchata is a cream liqueur made with Caribbean rum and dairy cream. It has spice notes, along with other secret flavors.
Can This Recipe Be Scaled?
Yes, this recipe can be scaled, but only to a certain degree. You can only fit so much in a shaker, so you won’t be able to make it in mass quantities.
Can I Make My Own Eggnog?
Yes, you can make your own eggnog with eggs, sugar, whole milk, and heavy cream.
Remember to drink liqueur responsibly.
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Recipe Turned Out!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of my eggnog rumchata!
Learn how to make your own Rumchata Eggnog at home. This festive cocktail is sure to warm you up on a cold night.
- 5 cubes of ice
- 150 ml (6 jiggers) eggnog
- 75ml (3 jiggers) Rumchata
- 1 dollop of Eggnog Cream (link to recipe)
- 1g (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon
- Place the ice, eggnog and Rumchata in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for around 30 seconds and then strain into your glass.
- Top with Eggnog Cream (insert link) and then sprinkle with the cinnamon. Enjoy!
- A jigger is the measuring tool the bar workers use behind the bar to measure spirits.
- If you’d like to add something a little different then dip the rim of the glass into some caramel and then into a sugar-cinnamon mix. Check out my Eggnog Martini (insert link) to see how it looks!
- Instead of cinnamon, you can use ground nutmeg as decoration.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rumchata Cocktail, Eggnog Cocktail, Eggnog Rumchata, Eggnog Drinks, Eggnog With Rum