Once you make this BBQ rack of lamb for your friends,you’ll find them coming over more and more. A beautiful cut of lamb that’s finger-licking delicous!
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 15ml (1 tsbp) rosemary, washed and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 racks of lamb, weighing approximately 1.25kg (3lbs)
- For the marinade, mix the oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the lamb in a large baking dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade onto the lamb and rub the mixture all over the lamb.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Bring the barbecue to a medium temperature, about 160°C.
- Place the lamb bone side down first and sear for 4 minutes.
- Turn the meat and place in indirect heat for 15 minutes. This will cook them to medium-rare.
- [Optional] Continue cooking until desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer for optimal results.
- Remove from the lamb from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into chops.
- Serve with green salad and your favourite barbecue side dishes.
- If you’re not in a rush you can cover the bones with foil to prevent them from burning.
- Since lamb has a high fat content, keep an eye on it because fire flare ups might occur.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 484
- Sodium: 162 mg
- Fat: 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 59.9 g
- Cholesterol: 191 mg