- 500g (1lb) cooked potatoes, mashed
- 60ml (4 tbsp) double cream
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 150g (5oz) Parma ham, finely chopped
- 30g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- 100ml (3oz) breadcrumbs
- Once you’ve drained the cooked potatoes, mash well and add the cream and butter. Let the mash cool down.
- Add the ham and cheese and mix thoroughly until the ingredients are evenly spread.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Divide the mixture evenly in order to form 12 balls about 5cm (2in) in size.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into another bowl.
- Remove the potato balls from the fridge and dip each one in egg and then roll it around in breadcrumbs until all its surfaces are covered.
- Place the ball back on the baking sheet and repeat the process until every ball is egged and breadcrumbed.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the croquettes are golder, which would take around 20 minutes.
- Serve with salad, vegetables or with a dip.
- Don’t add salt to the water when boiling the potatoes because the cheese and ham will have plenty.
- You can add more cheese but taste it first before doing so.
- Category: Starter
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 712 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 104 mg