This dish screams satisfaction – a luscious lamb chop curry with subtle spices in a decadent silky sauce that makes those taste buds tingle!
While there are a lot of different ingredients, including a whole host of fragrant spices, this recipe is easy from start to finish. You're going to love it!
Why you'll love this recipe
- This lamb curry is a cut above the rest – the way the spices work with the marinated meat is incredible
- Succulent and juicy chops are the perfect ingredient in a spicy curry recipe
- It's a real people pleaser... the whole family will love this lamb chops curry
- Amount of prep time is minimal
Equipment you'll need
You'll need a few important kitchen items for this Indian lamb chops curry recipe:
How to make lamb chop curry
Make the lamb marinade.
Marinate the lamb, preferably overnight.
Pat the lamb chops dry, then brown them.
Fry the onions until softened, then stir in the spices.
Stir in the tomatoes and water.
Add the lamb and dried apricots, then simmer.
At this point you can serve it as is or make it more decaded.
Pour in the cream and let it bubble for a few minutes.
When frying the onions, garlic, and ginger, add water to the pan if it's starting to catch on the bottom. This will prevent any bitter flavours in the curry.
What to serve with Indian lamb chops curry
Steamed rice is the perfect simple side to serve with this Indian lamb chops curry.
A beer is ideal for pairing with lamb curry.
Try a South African red like Pinotage, Cabernet Sauvignon, or Shiraz if you like wine.
Variations to this recipe
- Grind your cumin and other seeds – freshly ground spices have more flavour and fragrance than pre-ground powders. Just toast them in a dry frying pan before crushing them with a mortar and pestle.
- Red or green chillies can be used in this recipe
- You can use fresh tomatoes using the same weight instead of canned tomatoes.
- In place of the ground cinnamon, you can use a cinnamon stick – remember to remove the stick once the curry is cooked.
- If you can't find fresh ginger, substitute it for 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
What is lamb chop?
The cut of meat known as lamb chops comes from the lamb's sirloin, shoulder, rib, or loin. Some cuts, such as shoulder chops, need shorter cooking time, while others, such as lamb loin chops, need more time.
Do lamb chops need to be marinated for this recipe?
Yes! Marinating lamb makes the meat deliciously tender but infuses them with the marinade's flavor. The longer you marinate them, the better. For this recipe, marinating them overnight brings fantastic flavoured, terrifically tender lamb chops.
More luscious lamb curries
If you're after more lamb recipes after cooking this Indian lamb chops curry – more delicious recipes with sumptuous spices and rich flavours – feast on these!
- Lamb karahi – known for its deep red colouring and spicy flavour, lamb karahi is a wonderful dish that is perfect for curry lovers looking for something a little different
- Lamb korma – smooth, creamy and above all delicious, this lamb korma is everything you’d want in a curry
- Lamb dopiaza – a hearty, comforting lamb dish, the dopiaza method simmers the lamb meat in a spicy sauce that, in turn, results in perfectly tender and flavourful meat
- Lamb madras – a rich, fragrant, intense curry, lamb madras is a big favourite in the UK. Be careful, though... while it doesn't come close to a vindaloo, it is well known for being very hot!
- Lamb massaman – a mild Thai curry. A massaman involves cooking meat in a spiced curry sauce. The curry sauce is made with spices that don't usually make up Thai dishes, such as cumin, bay leaves, star anise, and nutmeg.
- Lamb bhuna – a thick and rich lamb curry, this authentic Indian recipe is filled with flavours due to its famous bhooning or 'browning' process, as the ingredients are cooked over high heat. Don't expect lots of sauce... this one is dry, chunky, thick, and absolutely divine!
- Lamb keema – a one-pot wonder with a flavour that will blow you away; this delicious lamb keema curry recipe is a dream of a dish.
One winner will receive a foodie Advent Calendar!
Make the countdown to Christmas extra delicious this year, with the ultimate foodie Advent Calendar from cooking experts, Just Spices. The large Advent Calendar includes 24 full-size mixes, seasonings and toppings, all carefully crafted using natural ingredients, and the ever-brilliant Just Spices Cookbook.
The cookbook is a gift in itself with over 100 recipes to make everyday cooking just delicious! With Oatmeal Spice to warm up breakfast and Chicken Curry Seasoning to jazz up Friday evening dinner, and of course the very popular Avocado Topping in a special Christmas design.
With numerous spice blends, Just Spices inspires a growing number of buyers, both online and in food retail, to refine their own dishes and become creative in the kitchen themselves.
The company now inspires more than 1.8 million followers on its social media channels such as Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook. On TikTok alone, Just Spices regularly achieves several million views on its videos.
As well as all of this, Just Spices is officially B Corp Certified since May 2023.
Above all, Just Spices means passion, high quality and no additives in the products. But the most important principle is: making delicious things even more delicious and getting as many people as possible to cook for themselves with joy and pride. Spice up your life at justspices.co.uka Rafflecopter giveaway
- Here you can find a tutorial on how to enter with Rafflecopter.
- If your form is not showing, try refreshing the page.
- Complete the form, otherwise your entries will not count.
- Make sure the mandatory entries (e.g. leave a blog comment) are completed first.
- Don’t forget to come back daily for extra entries via Twitter.
If you’re viewing this post by email, please come to the actual webpage to enter.
Competition Question: What is your favourite way to spice up a curry?