Learn how to make Sous Vide Beef Cheeks and all there is to know about this cooking technique. You’ll never cook meat any other way.
- 2 beef cheeks, weighing approximately 900g (2lbs)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the Russell Hobbs Sous Vide Slow Cooker by setting the temperature at 55°C (130°F).
- Place the beef cheeks, garlic, rosemary, oil and some seasoning, in an even layer in a pouch and vacuum seal.
- Place the sealed pouch into the preheated water bath and cook for 48 hours.
- Just before the allotted cooking time is finished, preheat a grill or skillet until it’s very hot.
- Remove the beef cheeks from the pouches and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Lightly brush the beef cheeks with oil and generously season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the very hot grill and sear each side until it’s nicely browned, about one minute on each side. Alternatively, sear each side in the very hot skillet for 15-25 seconds on each side. To avoid overcrowding, work in batches if necessary.
- Blot the beef cheeks with paper towels afterwards to remove excess oil.
- Let the beef cheeks rest for 5 minutes before slicing them thinly.
- Serve immediately with your favourite vegetables.
As shown in the pictures, the beef cheeks were cooked at 55°C (130°F) for 48 hours, and came out medium-rare, as intended. If you prefer your meat more cooked, please select from the following: Medium : 60°C (140°F) for 48 hours, Well, slow: 70°C (160°F) for 48 hours, and Well, quick: 70°C (160°F) for 24 hours.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: sous vide beef cheeks, beef cheek recipe, sous vide recipe, French cuisine