Learn how to to make confit potatoes at home. You can reuse the oil for cooking, which will have a lovely flavour of garlic and rosemary.
- 1kg (2lbs) new potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 5ml (1 tsp) sea salt
- 1 litre (4 cups) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 110°C/225°F/gas mark ½.
- Place all the ingredients in a large ovenproof saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid, transfer it to the oven and cook for 90 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 210°C/400°F/gas mark 6 and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and serve as a side dish for a main meal.
- The amount of olive oil you use it up to you. Preferably, you want the oil to cover all the potatoes.
- You can use duck fat if you can source it.
- Wondering what to do with all the leftover oil? Using a coffee filter, you can filter the impurities out and store it in a clean bottle for future cooking. You’ll love it because the oil is infused with garlic and rosemary!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Confit
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: potato confit recipe, confit potatoes, French confit recipe, potato side dish, Christmas dinner side dish