This starter or side dish is so easy to prepare, anyone can make it!
The other day I chatted to a friend and she mentioned that she never sees any vegetable dishes here on Greedy Gourmet. Uh oh. I knew she was right as I took on board the constructive criticism.
Lately I have been concentrating on jazzing up the protein part of our dinners and serving vegetables relatively straight forward on the side. But sometimes simple is best and I regularly prepare asparagus this way, which I thought I would share with you.
Download and/or print the recipe! Click HERE.Print
- cooking spray / olive oil / melted butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (fan 210°C/450°F/gas 8).
- Rinse the asparagus spears with cool water and snap off and discard the tough stem ends.
- Pat the asparagus spears dry with paper towels.
- Place the spears in a single layer on a large baking sheet or tray.
- Spray or drizzle the spears lightly with cooking spray, olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake the asparagus for 10 to 12 minutes or until the spears are tender.
- Serve preferably hot but it tastes good cold too!
- Serving Size: 53g
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 27 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g