Doesn't this chocolate delice dessert look the part? In essence, it is a rich chocolatey dessert with intense flavours, secured by the addition of chocolate. Pay attention all chocolate lovers. This is the recipe you've been looking for!
What's best, you can control the level of intensity of this chocolate delice by substituting with different kinds of chocolates. Milk, dark or extra dark. I personally adore dark chocolate as it creates a more refined version of a chocolate delice dessert.
However, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy a sweeter version of a chocolate delice. In fact, if you love chocolatey cakes, you should consider trying out this equality luscious Kinder Bueno cheesecake. Or try out this equally rich and beautiful Millionaire's cheesecake recipe.
products you need for this recipeHere is a list of the top thing you'll need to recreate this easy-to-make chocolate delice recipe. Plus, keep in mind, that if you purchase a large batch of some of these suggested products, you can make even more delicious recipes at home. Take a look below:
- extra dark chocolate - this pack of 90% chocolate is exactly what you need to make this chocolate delice intense.
- dark chocolate - alternatively you can opt for 70% vegan chocolate. Yes, even dairy-free chocolate tastes amazing. You can make this chocolate orange cheesecake with it as well.
- chocolate powder - you can use the cacao powder as a topping to make the chocolate delice even more intense than it is.
- stand mixer - this is life-changing kitchen equipment that saves a ton of time regarding preparation! Make sure you have a handy kitchen robot at home, you will not regret it. That's a promise.
- cake decoration kit - with this cake decorating kit, you will become a pri at baking and decorating cakes.
Most noteworthy, this chocolate delice cake is so exquisite, it tastes and looks like it was purchased from a premium bakery or cake shop. So, surprise your friends and show off your amazing cooking skills. Enjoy and let me know how it works out for you.
So, before you start preparing your chocolate delice, make sure you've got these products at home. They will definitely ease things for you!
Is there a product or ingredient which you wouldn't be able to live without in the kitchen when making cakes? Let me know in the comments section below.
dark chocolate delice
In my opinion, if you opt for dark chocolate, you can make this chocolate delice really sophisticated.
I consider dark chocolate being any chocolate that contains above 70%. In fact, dark chocolate is alko known as plain chocolate. Generally speaking, dark chocolate is made with higher amounts of cocoa, with more fat sourced from the cocoa butter, not the milk.
Naturally, the higher the percentage of the dark chocolate, the more bitter and acidic it tastes. Most of the times, people refrain to eating dark chocolate on its own because it's not as sweet. However, enjoying a piece of dark chocolate every now and again is beneficial for the liver, according to Chinese traditional medicine.
Nevertheless, cooking with dark chocolate can produce extraordinary results, such as this chocolate delice.
Tip: The darker chocolate you use, the more intense and rich the cake will be. I recommend using 70 - 85% dark chocolate. For those who enjoy bold flavours, go for 90% and above.
salted chocolate delice
Adding salt to desserts is fairly popular because it generally enhances the flavours. For instance, it's no surprise to find salt with desserts which contain caramel. These salted caramel cupcakes are evidence to this!
Same can be said about salt and chocolate. Oftentimes in fancy restaurants, you can find chocolate mousse being served with a few sprinkles of sea salt. The sea salt completely brings out the intensity of the chocolate.
Therefore, you can also add a little of salt into the chocolate delice and let the salt work its magic on the flavours.
chocolate delice calories
Oh boy, don't even think about this. As you know, this is a rich chocolate dessert that's quite sinful. If you would like to save on some calories, then don't pair this chocolate delice with a side dessert.
Otherwise, I recommend using low-calorie sweeteners or alternatives to sugar. Also, I enjoy using coconut sugar instead of ordinary sugar.
what to serve a chocolate dessert with?
There are plenty of combinations that work well with a slice of homemade chocolate delice. For instance, you can consider serving it with the following ingredients, depending on if you want to make a light or intense dessert.
To intensify the flavours of this chocolate delice, consider the following combinations:
- dark chocolate shavings - best if you use chocolate 85% and above.
- dark chocolate squares - again, best if you use a premium extra dark chocolate (85% or above)
- raw cacao nibs - you know what they say, this is the healthiest form of cacao.
- sea salt - top your chocolate delice with sea salt as it brings out the flavour of chocolate
- pour over some chocolate fudge sauce - you can never go wrong with that
- almond flakes, cashews, pecans or nuts in general work very well
In order to create a lighter version, go for these combinations:
- fresh berries: at best strawberries, raspberries or other types of forest fruit will lighten up the chocolate delice
- strawberry curd is an excellent idea for a topping
- candied oranges or orange zest will add that fruity flavour
- pineapple ice cream - the acidity of this ice cream will cut through the intense flavours of the chocolate
- peppermint ice cream - similarly, the peppermint ice cream will have a refreshing effect on the chocolate delice
Otherwise, feel free to decorate your chocolate delice as you wish. For example, you can use cake decorations and sprinkle edible decorations on top.
How would you serve your chocolate delice? Would you make your chocolate delice with dark, milk or extra dark chocolate? Let me know what works best for you and enjoy.
This week one lucky winner to receive one bottle of Mahiki Coconut Rum.
MAHIKI Coconut is a liqueur refined with Jamaican and Polynesian rum and rounded off with coconuts from Samoa.
With an alcohol content of 21 percent, it can be used in many ways: The coconut liqueur can be enjoyed pure, well-chilled on ice, but is also ideal for mixing with other spirits, liqueurs, fruit juices and lemonades.
Its colour is unmistakably rose, as coconut water from fresh coconuts turns to rose after ripening – creating this special effect.
At the AMERICA AWARDS 2020 the MAHIKI Coconut was awarded the gold medal. The coconut liqueur prevailed over its opponents and convinced the judges. In the competition, an expert jury evaluates wines, spirits and beers.
The international jury is made up of experienced buyers, trade journalists and other industry experts. "We are delighted that the MAHIKI Coconut was able to win its second international award within a very short time.
Winning the gold medal at the AMERICA AWARDS shows that the coconut liqueur also meets the taste of the American market", explains Cord Hendryck Vinke, Marketing Director MBG Group.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Entering is easy, just follow the instructions below.
- Here you can find a tutorial on how to enter with Rafflecopter.
- If your form is not showing, try refreshing the page.
- Complete the form, otherwise your entries will not count.
- Make sure the mandatory entries (e.g. leave a blog comment) are completed first.
- Don’t forget to come back daily for extra entries via Twitter.
If you’re viewing this post by email, please come to the actual webpage to enter.
Competition Question: What is your favourite chocolate-based dessert?Print