This is the mother of all cheesecakes! For all you cheesecake lovers, this Millionaire's cheesecake will make you salivate the moment you lay eyes on it. This cheesecake recipe is definitely not for those watching their waistlines. It is quite sinful, but having said that, it's worth it!
As its name suggests, a Millionaire's cheesecake has an intense and rich shortbread base layer. The hardest thing about making this recipe is having to wait for it, as it needs to set in the fridge. In either case, this show-stopping, luscious cheesecake will be the hit of the season. Soon, everyone will ask you for the recipe.
Hence, indulge in its goodness and don't be afraid to take more than one slice. I guarantee you that before you reach for seconds, there won't be a piece of the Millionaire's cheesecake left.
millionaire's cheesecake recipe
In short, the Millionaire's cheesecake derives its name from the fact that it contains a Millionaire's shortbread base. This base is indeed rich, and it's also known as a caramel shortcake. It's basically a base which includes tons of caramel. It's crunchy, chewy and soft at the same time. Now imagine that this is only the base of the cheesecake.
Next comes the creamy cheese filling, which is ultimately topped with an additional chocolate layer. Doesn't this Millionaire's cheesecake sound divine? Not only does it look fantastic, it also tastes the part. This is the type of cheesecake you'd expect to find in a posh cake shop. The funny thing is, those things cost a fortune. So, why not just purchase the ingredients and make this gourmet cheesecake yourself? It's really not as hard as it looks. Soon, you'll realise that the difficulty level is actually the same as making other cheesecakes.
For example, this Millionaire's cheesecake is no more difficult than these amazing cheesecake recipes below:
- Maltesers cheesecake - combines one of my favourite ingredients in the world
- aero mint cheesecake - this cheesecake is excellent for those who love the flavour of mint
- raspberry and lime cheesecake - this cheesecake is a much lighter alternative than the Millionaire's cheesecake
- Amarula cheesecake - a cheesecake that's only for adults as it is based on Amarula liqueur
- Toblerone cheesecake - equally sinful and rich as the Millionaire's cheesecake (just with more chocolate)
Tempted by these excellent cheesecake recipes? They are so easy to make.
things you'll need to make this recipe
Here's a list of thing you will definitely require when completing this delicious cheesecake recipe. For example, you will need:
- a premium jar of caramel/dulche de leche - the better quality the caramel the better. Of course you can always make your own homemade caramel.
- golden decorative sprinkles - this is what I've used for my Millionaire's cheesecake!
- golden powder - sometimes to give the Millionaire's cheesecake that glamorous effect you only need gold powder
- thin flakes of gold/gold sheets - you can also take the gold to the next level
- book on cake decorating - if you want to decorate like a pro then this book might help you
Whether it be this Millionaire's cheesecake or another cake recipe, it always helps to have some guidance on decorating.
Millionaire's cheesecake no bake
I love no bake recipes like this Millionaire's cheesecake. In fact, I've made many no bake recipes before, like this incredible no bake biscuit cake. The best thing about no bake recipes is that you don't have to wait for the cheesecake to cool off. However, that being said, once you assemble all the layers, you have to give the cheesecake a bit of time to set.
Otherwise, if you decide to cut a slice of the cheesecake immediately, it will melt or fall apart. Basically, all the elements will be soft and the cheesecake will melt on your plate. Indeed, as you can imagine, this would not look very appetising. So, give the Millionaire's cheesecake some time to set. You want the textures to be perfect. The more you let it set in the fridge, the better.
Once you take it out of the fridge, give it another 5 minutes to take on a normal temperature. Trust me, the perfect slice is worth the wait.
In either case, you can also inspire yourself with these amazing normal cheesecake recipes. Take a look below:
- sopapilla cheesecake - this cheesecake is a perfect snack (easy to store)
- biscoff cheesecake - excellent for Biscoff or Speculoos cookie lovers
- baked chocolate cheesecake with cherry coulis - this is another one of my favourite cheesecake recipes because it combines fruit
- banoffee cheesecake - for those who love banana and sweet toffee caramel flavours
best toppings for Millionaire's cheesecake
If you want to make this a true Millionaire's cheesecake recipe and serve it in a glamorous fashion, then I recommend using edible gold sheets. Edible gold is often something one sees on top of a dessert in a fancy restaurant. Even though edible gold sheets can be quite expensive, they make the dessert look the part.
Although, if you want a less expensive alternative go for decorative gold sprinkles. Of course, you can also opt for not decorating the Millionaire's cheesecake. The layers and its overall look speak for themselves.
However, you can also consider these toppings:
- cocoa powder - for a smooth and finished look
- fresh fruit - blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or any other type of berries will freshen the cheesecake right up
- white or dark chocolate shavings - works every time!
- nuts - such as pecans, walnuts, macadamias, hazelnuts and more
- caramel - feel free to drizzle the leftover caramel all over the cheesecake
- marzipan - perhaps you can make a marzipan flower
how to serve a rich cheesecake
Ordinarily, when you have such a rich cheesecake, you need something to cut through the intense flavours. As such, I recommend pairing this Millionaire's cheesecake with a glass of brandy or cognac. Otherwise, a small glass of dessert/ice wine works as well.
How would you serve your Millionaire's cheesecake? Would you share this recipe with your friends or keep it for yourself? Let me know in the comments section below.Print