Be warned, this Toblerone cocktail is not for kids! Although it sounds chocolatey and perfectly innocent – it is not. This is an adult-only beverage as it contains lots of alcohol.
This makes it perfect for any type of celebrations, family dinners or festivities. Besides, who doesn’t love the Toblerone chocolate bar? I know that if someone told me they’d made a Toblerone cocktail, I wouldn’t be able to resist!
Toblerone cocktail is a creamy alcoholic beverage with chocolatey flavours. It sounds like the type of cocktail you’d order at a fancy restaurant, but that’s far from the truth.
what you need to make a homemade cocktail
Here’s a list of things you definitely need to know about when attempting this Toblerone cocktail recipe at home. Check out these items below:
- cocktail shaker & mixing set – you can use the cocktail shaker to make the Toblerone cocktail or you can just stir it gently with some ice
- ice bucket with clamps – you’ll need an ice bucket to store your ice cubes (especially if you serve the cocktail at a dinner occasion)
- Kahlua – it’s sweet, tasty and the perfect addition to the Toblerone cocktail
- Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur – this is the type of cream liqueur which can last you for ages (if stored properly in a cool place)
- Amaretto – an excellent flavour enhancer which you can also substitute with Disaronno in this Toblerone cocktail recipe
- cocktail recipe book – In case you’d like to learn more cocktail recipes
- Toblerone chocolate – make sure you purchase one or two in case you eat some along the way
You don’t need to worry about purchasing these items. They all have excellent shelf life and can last you for ages. So, you can remake the Toblerone cocktail as many times a year as you wish.
Would you believe me if I told you that you could make this cocktail from scratch in just a matter of minutes? In fact, all it takes is a mere 10 minutes and you’re done!
The best part is, that you can stock up on the liqueur and alcohol, and it will last you for ages.
Yes, admittedly, procuring the alcohol will be the most expensive part of the Toblerone cocktail recipe. However, you can easily stretch the cost of the three bottles you need throughout the year and use it in other recipes.
In the end, the investment will be worth it – you’ll be able to enjoy yourself and put your feet up once in a while. Plus, the three bottles you need are quite versatile and can be added to many baked goods.
In essence, there are three bottles of alcohol you need to purchase to make Toblerone cocktail. First, Baileys. Second, Amaretto. Third, Kahlua.
All of these tipples are not known particularly for their strength, but for their flavour. Also, these are the types of alcohol you can add into your coffee or enjoy on their own with a block of ice.
At best, just sip away slowly throughout the evening and bask in the ambience of enjoying life once in a while.
Next, you’ll also need honey and double cream to complete this recipe. The double cream is what binds all the ingredients together. Just make sure that you don’t add too much, as you don’t want to lose the flavour of the added alcohol.
Follow the precise measurements in the Toblerone cocktail recipe and you’ll be good to go.
In the end you’ll see just how easy it really is to make a cocktail from scratch at home. In fact, I’ve made many (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). For example:
- ginger beer and gin cocktail – a refreshing and summery cocktail
- Don Pedro drink – another creamy cocktail like this Toblerone cocktail
- Buck’s fizz – a wonderful and easy cocktail recipe
- Ruby grapefruit fizz – a zesty and refreshing cocktail
- long beach iced tea – beware this one is a deadly one (proceed with caution and drink slowly)
- apple and cinnamon infusion – has those perfect autumn / Christmas flavours
- boiled custard with Amarula – marrying South African and Southern traditions and flavours for Christmas
Have I inspired you to make your own cocktail at home?
Toblerone cocktail calories
As you might have imagined, this Toblerone cocktail is not the most ‘calorie-friendly’ beverage. It contains lots of sweetened alcohol and heavy cream. Not to mention the garnish elements like the Toblerone chocolate bars and the chocolate syrup.
If you feel like you want to cut down on the calorie count, then take the following steps:
- Add only half the amount of double cream
- Add only 2/3 portions of the alcohol (in this case, you’ll have more alcohol than cream inside your Toblerone cocktail)
- Omit the chocolate syrup, chocolate bars or any other additions
- Add plenty of ice cubes and let some water dissolve
The ice cubes will dissolve slowly and dilute the sweetness. Also, they’ll turn the Toblerone cocktail into a long drink.
Toblerone cocktail no honey
Removing the honey is another excellent way to cut down on calories. Besides, the Kahlua, Baileys and Amaretto (especially) are quite sweet. If you omit the honey element and wish to add some sweetness in another way, just add 5 ml more of the Amaretto.
Toblerone cocktail thermomix
Another way to make this cocktail in an easy manner is to use a Thermomix mixer. A Thermomix mixer is not only excellent when it comes to blending-in ingredients, it is a clever kitchen robot that can practically cook, blend, blitz, steam, you name it, whatever recipe you wish. I’ve made soups in it, mashes, steamed veggies – even choux pastry!
So if you don’t have a Thermomix at home yet, make sure you get one. It is the ultimate multi-cooker!
How to decorate & garnish a cocktail
First and foremost, garnish your cocktail with Toblerone chocolate bars. It’s an excellent way to decorate your beverage and make it look the part. Next, you can also add a hint of homemade chocolate fudge sauce.
Also, chocolate syrup will do the trick but the homemade stuff is far better. Lastly, you can always shave some chocolate on top as well.
Love creamy cocktails? Check out this Alien Brain Hemorrhage. For a super green cocktail, have a look at the Incredible Hulk Drink.
What is your favourite cocktail?Print
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Come and try this festive Toblerone cocktail recipe. It combines three delicious types of alcohol, making it creamy & tasty.
- Mix the honey and water in a small cup first to create the honey syrup.
- Place the honey syrup along with all the other ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Drizzle the inside of the glasses with chocolate syrup and share the cocktail evenly between two glasses. Enjoy!
- Feel free to play with the different ratios of the ingredients to suit your taste.
- Some recipes call for Frangelico instead of Amaretto, so use what you have at hand!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: Toblerone cocktail, Toblerone chocolate recipe, cocktail recipe, creamy cocktail
i love the Bubblegum Daiquiri from TGIs
Almost any cocktail with coffee!!!^_^
my current favourite cocktail is Strawberry mojito . On holiday this year we visited a beach bar that served the best Strawberry Mojitos, and once home decided to buy a cocktail shaker so we could make our own …delicious
i have to say that I’m just a little bit partial to a Singapore Sling!
I love a Long Island Iced Tea.
A French 75
A raspberry Bellini